May 27, 2024, Monday
Nepal 1:37:26 pm

Consular service can now be accessed without visiting embassy

The Nepal Weekly
April 9, 2024
IMG_1223 – Ministry of Foreign Affairs Nepal MOFA

The consular service at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has launched a new module under which people can register their complaints to the consular office online while sitting in their home or work place without physically being present to the consular office.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs, Narayan Kaji Shrestha, while inaugurating the new module at the Department of Consular Service, Ministry of Foreign Affairs on THursday said that the government is carrying out works to provide public services in an easy manner at the people’s homes.

Through this module, the Nepalis living in foreign countries can easily register their complaints and problems online through the embassy concerned.

On the occasion, DPM Shrestha informed that the present government has been carrying out works as per its commitment, made since the beginning, of providing public services to the people in a smooth and easy manner.

“We have launched this service to provide the government’s services to the people in a prompt, efficient and flawless manner at their home using the information technology,” he said, adding that with the launching of this service Nepali citizens living abroad will be able to express their problems and complaints from home, and also be able to acquire information online regarding the initiatives taken to address their complaints and problems.

At the program, the Department’s Director-General Prakash Mani Poudel informed media persons about the available services in the new module. “A new folder is created in the module once the service-seeker enters his/her passport number and date of birth. The folder has features in which one can write one’s problems and complaints and also get information on measures to address them,” he said.

Nepalese students or labourers residing in foreign country can register their complaints or problems by just providing their passport number and date of birth to the respective embassies.